Summer Holiday Information
FREE FOOD SUPPLEMENT VOUCHERS FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS 2022
We are writing to you to confirm our plans to provide food supplement vouchers for 32,000 children and young people across the city for the summer holidays.
The Government Household Support Grant has been extended to assist with rising food and energy costs. Sheffield City Council recognises that many families continue to face financial difficulties because of the pandemic, changes to Universal Credit, and rising costs for food and energy.
A £50 food supplement voucher will be sent to the following groups to help over the summer holidays:
- Families who claim income-based Free School Meals (FSM).
- Families who get income-assessed Early Years Support (2–4-Year-Olds).
- Young people leaving their care setting (Care Leavers).
We have chosen to continue to use Edenred as the supplier of the vouchers as schools and parent/carers are familiar with the two-step process involved in downloading the vouchers.
- We aim to have the voucher letters sent out to parents and we expect them to arrive with parents by w/c Monday 18 July. The letter will include the website link for Edenred and clear instructions on how to download the voucher, and we are asking parents contact their school/establishment in the first instance if they need help with downloading or printing their vouchers. We are also providing them with the contact details for Edenred.
- We will send schools an unredeemed eCodes list via Anycomms on 20 July. This will identify all the children at your school who received a food supplement voucher letter for Summer, enabling you to support any families that you know need some extra help.
- This list will also include unredeemed eCode information for Easter and May Spring Bank.
- Any child/young person that becomes eligible for a food voucher between 8 July 2022 and 24 July 2022 will be sent a voucher letter w/c 1 August 2022.
- As before, parents/carers need to go to the following website to redeem their vouchers - www.selectyourcompliment.co.uk/grocery
- Enter their unique 16-digit e-Code and select their chosen supermarket. Edenred give them a choice of 10 supermarkets: Aldi, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, M&S, McColl’s, Company Shop, Iceland and Farmfoods.
- Parents/carers can download their vouchers for more than one supermarket. For example, £20 for Aldi and £30 for Asda.
- The downloaded E-Gift Card/Voucher will arrive by email within 24 hours. If they cannot find this, they should check their Junk/Spam folder
Please note that codes need to be activated within 3 months or they will be cancelled. Once they have claimed their voucher on the Edenred website the voucher will be valid for 12 months.
We have again produced a short ‘How to...’ video for parents that you can put on your school website/social media if you wish. The instructions on how to download the video are below:
The YouTube link is - https://youtu.be/2sV-OYEdsKA
The Cloud video download link is:
(Please note you need to open this in Chrome browser to download)
Where can families get further help?
- The FSM voucher helpline will be available on 0114 2734567, option 4, option 3, and can offer help to parents experiencing difficulties with their e-Codes or with general FSM enquiries.
- Parents/carers can also contact Edenred directly with an enquiry about an eCode or voucher at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0333 400 5932.
- Schools can contact Edenred at email@example.com
- For those schools that have asked to distribute their own voucher letters to parents, we will send you a list of all eligible children in your school along with their individual letters. You will need to maintain auditable distribution records of these codes for future reference.
If you have any concerns about the plans for the summer food supplement vouchers, or would like to discuss the arrangements for your school further, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a parent is facing financial hardship, there is free advice and support available at www.citizensadvicesheffield.org.uk or call on 0808 278 7820. They can also find further information about support at:
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to schools and the hard-working staff for your support with assisting families to access their vouchers once again. Supporting our most vulnerable children and families over the summer holidays to ensure no child goes hungry is vital, and we simply couldn’t do it without you. Thank you.